No matter whether you are missing one or several teeth, you know all too well how much tooth loss can affect both your appearance and oral health. For instance, you may immediately notice how challenging it is to speak, chew, or even smile with absent teeth. Luckily, our Florissant, MO, dentists Drs. John, Joseph, and Jenn Boain offer a long-term tooth replacement that looks and feels just like a real tooth!
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant can be used to anchor a single-tooth-replacing crown, a bridge for multiple teeth, or even a full set of dentures to replace a full row.
An implant is a small post made from durable titanium, a material that is biocompatible with the tissue and bone within the body, and thus able to fully bond to the jawbone for incredible stability and reliability.
Why should I consider dental implants?
There are many unique benefits that dental implants from our Florissant, MO, office can offer, including:
- They are as close as you can come to a real tooth
- They actually function the same way as real teeth, allowing you to enjoy all of your favorite foods without worrying about your bite
- An implant is the only tooth replacement that provides the jawbone with the stimulation it needs to prevent bone loss (a complication of untreated tooth loss)
- An implant fuses together with the jawbone making it a permanent restoration—with the proper care implants can last several decades
- Dental implants stay firmly in place without moving or shifting around
- Since this restoration fills the gap in your smile, it also prevents the rest of your teeth from shifting into the open gap and causing crookedness, crowding, or gaps in your smile
Give us a call!
Are you dealing with tooth loss in Florissant, MO? If so, the dental team at Boain Dental Care is ready to help you get a full smile back. If you are ready to find out if implants are right for you, dial (314) 921-3527 today for a consultation!